R22 Phase Out
Those responsible for cooling and heating commercial properties are under increased pressure to improve energy efficiency and negotiate the ever increasing amount of legislation.
If your building uses air conditioning and it was installed before 2003 it is likely now at risk and you should be considering a sensible approach to replacement.
- R22 refrigerant, used in air conditioning before this period, will be illegal to use to service and maintain the equipment from the end of 2014. This is because it is harmful to the ozone layer if it should leak from an air conditioning system.
- Energy costs are ever rising and old equipment can consume up to 50% more energy than new equipment, costing you more money and creating more carbon emissions.
- The equipment may be approaching the end of its life, leading to potential unplanned failures leaving your building with no heating and cooling.
- Maintaining the current R22 equipment will be more difficult and costly, as spares parts become more scarce and expensive.
- Legislation are more strongly targeting reductions in energy use in buildings
- The Case for Replace is full of key facts and viable solutions to help businesses adopt a sensible approach to the replacement of old equipment
Get a free site survey to discuss the benefits of repairing or replacing R22 refrigerant systems.
Call us on 01525 852 819